Message to our clients regarding Covid 19 procedures
Dear Family Psychology Clients,
With COVID-19’s presence in Sydney, we ask that you do not attend your psychology sessions in person if
· You are experiencing fever (temperature of over 37.5C), or acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat) with or without fever or
· Have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or
· Have been overseas in the past 14 days.
If you meet the above conditions, we can offer phone or web sessions with your psychologist or psychotherapist. If you have been quarantined, the government has released funding for psychology services. These can be bulk billed by one of our psychologists if you meet the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee’s (AHPPC) criteria.
For those of you who can continue to attend your sessions in person, we request that you wash your hands with soap in the kitchen (right behind Penny’s desk) as soon as you arrive. Our practice is currently using paper towels or tissues to minimise possibility of spreading the virus.
We also want to let you know that we are taking the following precautions to ensure safety for us and our clients:
· wiping with disinfectant the surfaces which you are likely to touch in our office; providing you with water in plastic cups (it is suggested that frequently sipping on water minimises the risk of getting sick)
· keeping the front door open to the office to let fresh air between each session and keeping it open whenever possible. This also prevents unnecessary touching of metal door handles.
· Remove any magazines, books and toys from the waiting room.
· providing you with disinfectant wipes.
We are committed to your continued care and recognise that the need for psychological services are critical at this uncertain time. We will continue to adapt our services as instructed by health authorities.
Take a good care of yourself.
Katharine, Ashleigh, Eloisa, Cristina, Natalie and Penny